I write to inspire nature appreciation and ultimately, preservation -- interpretive exhibits, books, and magazine articles.
Interpretive writing clients include
* City of Elgin - Century Oaks Park, Hawthorne Hill Nature Center
* Crystal Lake Park District Nature Center
* Dundee Township - Jelke Creek Bird Sanctuary, Library Springs Natural Area
* Huntley Parks & Recreation Department
* Chicago Wilderness Magazine * Chicagoland Gardening
* Missouri Gardener * Quintessential Barrington Magazine
Extreme Makeover -- An article about invasive species in Illinois
This family-oriented picture book is designed to encourage readers to care for native caterpillars and release butterflies.
By explaining the stages of development that the monarch goes through and the importance of milkweed throughout the monarch's lifespan, readers walk away with a solid understanding of what it takes to raise a caterpillar.
-- Kim Savino, Founder of National Start Seeing Monarchs Day (1st Saturday of every May)
Flora’s Caterpillar shows there are ways everyone can support monarch butterflies and other pollinators, and the importance of milkweed for monarchs.
-- Cora Lund Preston, Communications Specialist, Monarch Joint Venture
Flora's Caterpillar is something to treasure. I would recommend it to any child, parent, and teacher for use in a very nurturing, informative, and propelling manner. This is indeed a winner!
-- Dr. Joan Franklin Smutny, Founder & Director, The Center for Gifted
Please click here to place your order for Flora's Caterpillar.