Feeling like the walls are closing in on these subzero temperatures days? You're not alone; but you can do something to enjoy the chill..
- Bundle up and go outside -- get a little vitamin D and enjoy a little fresh air
- Make your own snow -- Bring a saucepan full of water to a boil (under adult supervision), then have an adult carefully take the pan outside and throw the panful of water into the air downwind from you and watch the water droplets become ice crystals
- Let Mother Nature help you make popsicles or jello -- Place foods you'd like to cool or freeze outdoors (during the day) in areas where wildlife will not consume them
- From an indoor vantage point, paint or draw something from nature that inspires you
- Write a haiku or journal about this day and your feelings